Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter weekend!
The Kids and I left for Bear Lake Thursday night with some friends. We had a great time! This Canadian girl went swimming in freezing temperatures for the first time in her life! It was really fun! The kids loved it too. As a matter of fact, every time it was time to go Samuel would beg for the water! We came back Saturday night, just in time for Easter Sunday.
Our bishop decided that the whole bishopric was going to speak on Easter Sunday this year and what a great and uplifting sacrament meeting we had. First we heard from Matt who spoke on the resurrection. I have a soft spot in my heart for Matt... A few years ago, he had a tumbling accident and as a result is now quadriplegic. As some of you know, my little brother Charles had an accident in the summer of 2005, just a few days after his 20th birthday. He is now tetraplegic and has struggles likes Matt's. So I relate to Matt a lot because every time I see him I see my little brother who lives 3000 miles away. Matt's talk was awesome. Of course hearing him speak of becoming whole again brings it to a new level. It was touching and uplifting. Than Joseph had to speak, and although I can tell you he was very nervous about his talk that morning, He gave a very good talk about being disciples of Christ. Brother Reed spoke also and I was uplifted by his simple yet powerful testimony of Christ and of the resurrection. Last but not least, our Bishop spoke. I always enjoy his insights on life and his positive outlook. He is truly a man called of God.
After church, we went to Joseph cousin's. We had a great time with their whole family as her mom and dad and sisters and their families were there also. It was nice to visit since we had not seen them since last Easter. We played the celestial companions game and for the first time Joseph and I tied for 1st place! Although we tied with 2 sisters... Still we had a lot of fun! I really enjoy the "Beckman Humor" that uncle Roger has. Reminds me of my father-in-law a lot... I just love it! Thanks Mistee and Aimee for inviting us!

Our lives are now back to normal with school, work and callings...

Until next time, goodbye!

No comments: