Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yummo Gazpacho!


Gaspacho is one of my favorite summer dishes! Since it has been SO HOT the last few days and since it doesn't look like the heat will go away anytime soon, I made some today.

Can I just say YUMMY!

If I remember right this dish comes from Spain. It is a super healthy low calorie dish that is great with some grilled chicken, a turkey sandwich or whatever else you like!

Here is the recipe:

1 Can of tomato or vegetable juice (1.36L)

1 tbs of Extra-virgin Olive oil

1 tsp of Balsamic vinegar

2 tbs of lemon juice

Hot sauce to taste

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 medium red onion, finely chopped

1-2 English cucumber, finely chopped

1 bell pepper, finely chopped

1 large tomato, finely chopped


This is extremely easy! You mix all this together and chill for a few hours: Et Voila!

It is also extremely flexible. For example my mom always adds other veggies. She will throw in some frozen green beans or whatever else she thinks sounds good. Also, I was thinking you could put some jalapenos in there to give it more of a bite. I do not make it spicy so that my kids will eat it, but I do add hot sauce in my own bowl.

Try it, it is DELICIOUS!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

mmm, that sounds perfect for a hot day's lunch. Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to have to try it!