Saturday, July 19, 2008

Challenges in the life of a Mom...

This week has been a little rough on me mostly because it's been a very busy week for Joseph and we haven't spent much time together as a family.

It all started Monday evening with the Departure of Chris. Then there was the second (all night) job Tuesday night. Wednesday was bishopric visits. Joseph was home not very late but we didn't get back from Nancy's party until 9pm. Thursday night was school, of which he was let out early because the air conditioning wasn't working. Finally, last night (Friday) Joseph went straight from work to girls camp. He will be back home later today, hopefully around 2pm. Needless to say the kids had little time with their dad.

Starting Wednesday, I noticed an increase in bad attitudes, whining, crying, fighting, and naughty behaviors in my kids. I thought it would be better after a good night of sleep... Thursday was worse! So I thought maybe I had become too lax on my 123 magic... I told the kids that if they got to 3 it was a time-out no matter what! By bedtime, I was absolutely rung out.

Friday had a bad start. I got out of the shower to find Samuel sitting on my kitchen counter, his feet in the sink with water all over... It was another day... But then something happened in the afternoon. I was reminded why I LOVE being a mom. Because I love my Kids and because they are cute!






I had no idea what was in store for me at bedtime.

Samuel got up twice after I put him in bed, then the hysteria started. He started crying uncontrollably for his Daddy. I called Joseph and had him say goodnight over the phone, I hung up and he went ballistic again: "Daaaaddaaaaa, daaaaddyyyyyy" for a good half hour. I would call Joseph, Samuel would calm down while he was on the phone. As soon as I would hang up, he started again. Finally I told him I would stay by him until he went to sleep. Around 8:10, he finally was sleeping. I put him in bed at 7pm...

This brings me to this train of thought: being a Mom IS HARD!

But then a new day starts and I do it again... It's not like I would ever give up, it's just that sometimes I am overwhelmed...

What about you?

4 comments:

emily said...

I have lots of days like this. Lots. In fact, it's probably that way for me more often than not. Dave starts a new schedule next week at work and he'll be gone for 13 or 14 hours...and we're used to having him home by 4:45 every day. It's going to be a real adjustment, and I'm dreading it. I'm sorry about your hard week!

Emilie Ahern said...

Completely agreed.

Somedays I have to remeber the quote, "The days are long, but the years are short." Getting through each day seems such a chore sometimes, but then I wake up and a week has passed so quickly I can't believe it.

This is why we need other mommies in our lvies to remind us that sometimes we all feel this way.

Hang in there! Next week will be better!

Maude said...

Thanks Ladies! I feel better knowing we all go through these moments!

Lauralee said...

Oh my gosh! It is so hard but so worth it huh! I know what you mean though!