Monday, July 7, 2008

Divine guidance

Last Year around this time, I knelt in prayer before bed like usual. Joseph was working that night so I said my prayer and laid down. But I couldn't sleep. I had this feeling in my heart. It invaded my whole body. I was somewhat overwhelmed by the spirit, it was keeping me awake, telling me, warning me; something was coming. I did not know what it was. A calling for me, for Joseph, something that was going to alter our lives... 2 months later, we were sitting in the stake presidents office. President Scoffield (2nd counselor in our stake presidency) extended Joseph a calling as 2nd counselor in the bishopric of our ward. The feeling came back in force, but I also felt peace. I knew. The Lord had warned me, he had prepared me so that I would be able to support my husband in this demanding calling. And I promised myself I would not complain about the time he spent away from us, serving the Lord. I have done pretty well.

We have been blessed beyond measure.


As I was ready to go to bed Saturday night, I knelt in prayer. I gave a prayer of thanks and asked for a few blessings on our family. I laid down in bed (technically it was the floor, we had family over and gave up our bed to sleep in the boys room). I was tired, but I could not sleep. I had this strong feeling once more. My heart felt like it was in my throat, I was shedding tears. And I was COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED.

Something is coming.

Something that will affect me, my family. I do not know what my Heavenly Father has in store for me, my husband, my family, but I know with certainty something IS coming. I do not know when, where or how. But I KNOW i am being warned, prepared. And so is my family.

Joseph woke up, Probably because i was so restless. I told him about my feeling. How I could not "shake it off". In his sweet way he told me not to worry and held me in his arms. Then I was even more overwhelmed because of my husband. I LOVE HIM. I AM a truly blessed woman to have him in my life, at my side, with 3 amazing sons.

I know I am loved by my Heavenly Father, I know he loves me so much that he knows of my need for preparation. I know his warnings are real. I WILL do whatever He asks of me. I am infinitely grateful for His guidance, for His Love, for His tender care, but most of all for His tender mercies. What an amazing , perfectly loving Father is OUR GOD. How amazing that he cares for each and every one of us. How powerful is His love. I bear witness of him, in my simple yet strong faith. He loves us, He sent his son Jesus Christ to die for us. That through Christ we may all come back to Him, our loving Father. This is the song and desire of my heart; that I might testify of Him who made all and everyone, whose love is without end, even GOD the father and of his son, my brother, Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

emily said...

I am awed by your family. I think it every time I see you guys--how happy you all always look, how you all go to everything together. I am impressed by your testimony. I hope whatever is coming is good. Whatever it is, sounds like you can handle it. Thanks for your testimony!

Maude said...

Thanks Emily! WE do struggle too though... Far from perfect!