Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Bounties of the earth!

I have been waiting for this moment for weeks! We planted a Garden in May and I just could not wait for the tomatoes... I just LOVE homegrown tomatoes! They are so yummy and sweet!

Yesterday, I picked my first 2 tomatoes of the year. I had to control the urge of letting out a shout for joy!

Tomatoes: you are my lunch today! YUM, Yum, Yum!!! (I know I am kind of crazy! What can I say it's been a while since I've had a really good tomato!)

On a side note, we also picked our first 2 bell peppers and 3 more cucumbers!




Here is my favorite tomato sandwich recipe:

* 2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
* 1 tablespoon of Mayo (in my case, the new low in fat Olive Oil mayo)
* 2-3 slices of tomatoes
* 1-2 slice of onion (red, yellow or white)
* 1 leaf of romaine lettuce
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Cayenne pepper if you want to had a little bite!

This is the basic, but you can add avocado, deli turkey, cheese...
Healthy and soooooo yummy!
Especially if you can get your hands on some yummy homegrown tomatoes!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Yeah! You have veggies!!! They look so yummy. I hope your sandwich was amazing. We're still waiting for our tomatoes to rippen.