Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics and things...

Okay so I have been slacking because I have been busy watching kids and the Olympics... Did you see the relay last night? It was sooo awesome! You can see it here if you missed it. GO PHELPS! GO USA!!! I have also been getting my fill of Volleyball which is "my" sport....

On another note, We had Stake conference this Weekend. When we got home from the "adult" Saturday night session, we realized that the neighbors had left the hose running by the window seal thus flooding the boys bedroom, again. They did this last September, the Friday before Joseph was called to the bishopric and I was SOOO mad because my in-laws were coming into town that night and I had spent the WHOLE DAY cleaning like a maniac...

But this time I was pretty livid. I mean once I can understand, but once it happens, you should NOT let this happen again! So we moved the boys to our bed and then we had to move everything out (but the bunk beds) while we waited for our landlord to get here. It didn't take long and his expression was even worse than mine. He was seriously MAD!

Once more the carpet made its way out the window, followed by the pad. The wet vac must have picked up 40 gallons of water and my earlier today cleaned house was now a complete mess.

Here is where I have a problem: our landlord will get financial restitution for this, our neighbors will have to pay up, but what about US? My house is a disaster, it stinks and I have no desire to talk to our neighbors again for a while... Joseph and I have slept in the front room for the last 2 days so the kids can have a bed outside of a cement room... I am absolutely in agreement that my landlord should get retribution but shouldn't we get something too?

What do you think?

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I think that is terrible. Who are your neighbors? i bet you can't wait to own you very own little abode someday. As for cash for you, i find it impossible unless you had items ruin in the mess. I don't think that you can get something for discomfort and bad smell. Should you? Yes, at least freshly baked cookies! haha

emily said...

absolutely. i would request at least a few days knocked off of your rent. your landlord has to understand that you've been seriously put out. i think as many days as it takes for you to get back to normal, you should find out how much that works out to (how much rent you pay per day) and request it off your next month's bill. the worst he can say is no.