Friday, September 26, 2008

Crisis...

If you have been following the news lightly over the last week, you already know our country is in deep financial trouble. I post this as an invitation to all of us to get involved.

My opinion has evolved a bit over the past few days... I have a lot on my mind and I can't really express all of it. If you had seen me Tuesday morning, as I was rummaging through all this in my head, you would have caught a glimpse of my mind and fears...

I would be lying if I said the situation doesn't scare me. I am absolutely totally frightened by the financial ridge we find ourselves on.

My first step:
Like many of you I feel that those who put us in this mess need to come forward and pay up. Give back the millions they got from the lobbyists and make sure the corrupt CEOs, CFOs, (...) do time. Make them FELONS!!!

My second step:
Brace up America; the train wreck is coming and it will hit hard. While you still can, follow the instructions of our beloved prophets: built up your food storage, pay off your debt, put your house in order. Do what you can. The storm is coming fast and it will not be pretty. But like any challenge, WE will get through it!

My third step:
LET THEM FAIL. This is my own lowly pion opinion. I do not claim to be an expert. I do not claim to be knowledgeable in financial matters. What I know is what my gut tells me. Let them fail so we can be stronger. Let them fail so we can rebuild better.

I have been mulling over this for a few days now, but this is really what I think. I think times will get horribly hard as this crisis unfolds. I also think that being an American means that whenever we are brought to our knees, we stand up taller AND better. (If you know me, you know I like Glenn Beck, he said something along these line on his program this morning. Find it here.)

Don't let this one go by while you stand on the sidelines: make up your mind and call your senator, your congressman.
Tell them what you think.
After all: WE THE PEOPLE are their boss!
It's time we take back the power to the people...