Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A few words on the last 8...

For yesterday:

It's been 8 years!
8 years since we made the eternal vows that will keep us together forever.
I must say this year is more special for us.
Joseph commented on the same thing last night:
"It feels like more of an anniversary this year, I'm not sure why" He said.
In this last year, we have grown closer and more together.
We can finish each other's sentences, read each other's minds...
There is a feeling of peace and well being between us,
a comfort that can only come from being together for a while...

We do not always agree but we never fight.
We might have a heated discussion here and there, but we always compromise.
We can never stay mad at each other for very long,
neither of us is ever too proud to say sorry

Before we were married, my institute teacher was commenting on how she would not want to be a newlywed again. Although there are awesome benefits to being a newlyweds, I can understand what she was talking about now.

The new part is fun and exciting, but add a few years of togetherness and everything seems better. I love that I am growing old with Joseph. I love this special bond we share, I love that we have common goals.

Marriage gets better with age...

I LOVE YOU, and even if I didn't think it possible, MORE!

I love that you always worry about me. I love that you hold me whenever I want. I love that you are always trying to improve "US" and always take our "status checks". I love that you still think I am beautiful even on the days where I don't see it. I love that you love the Lord and always try to better yourself. I love that you are strong, yet always humble.


God knew what he was doing when he made our paths cross...

Thanks for the last 8 years and the eternity to come!

3 comments:

emily said...

happy anniversary! one thing i've noticed about you two is your security together. you go to all the same ward functions, but you don't always have to be side-by-side. but when you two find each other, you always kiss. sorry if it embarrasses you that i've noticed, but i think it's one of the sweetest things i've ever seen.

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary. Im happy for you.

Jennie said...

Happy Anniversary! 8 years is awesome! You are so sweet and I'm so glad to have gotten to know you and I'm sure we will continue that :) I'm so excited to be in YW with you and know you have so much to offer me and the girls! I'm going to add you to my list of blogs if that's ok :) Luv ... Jen