Monday, September 15, 2008

My BIG thing...

A couple of months ago I posted this about divine guidance.

Over the last 2 months I have been receiving a lot of promptings about simple things I needed to impove in my spiritual life.

I believe I was being prepared.

Last Wednesday afternoon I received a call from our ward's executive secretary telling me the Bishop needed to meet with me that night. I called Joseph to tell him that our Bishop asked he be there too, but I couldn't get anything out of him. He kept making remarks like:" I wonder what he wants?" or "Is there something you need to tell me?". I must say he was quite happy that he knew what I was going in there for and I didn't. He loves withholding information because he knows it drives me crazy when he doesn't want to tell me... To be fair, he really couldn't say anything until it was time, but he still rejoiced in the feeling of dangling it over my head!


As the evening went on, I was sorting and thinking of all the things it could be. I had it narrowed down to the organization and I was pretty sure of what it would be when we finally entered the Bishop's office. The bishop asked my husband to extend the calling they had for me.

I am the new secretary in an all new young women presidency! I am very excited!

I felt the spirit very strongly as our Bishop told me of the rest of the presidency. He shared with us that they, as a bishopric had been praying for over 3 months over this new presidency and that he had known before the new president submitted the names who the rest of the presidency was going to be.

I am honored by the trust that is put in me by my Heavenly Father to help His daughters along the path.

I have a deep love for the Young Women organization. Young women is when I came to know for myself. Young women is where my testimony grew from a tiny little seed to something much bigger. Young Women is where I truly learned to recognize the spirit. Primary was the base, Young Women was the broadening agent. I had a hard time personally when I was a beehive and mia maid. My parents separated when I was 11. I was trying to work out and understand a lot of things in my life.

It was during my Young women years that I came to KNOW that my Heavenly Father is MY Father.

So many experiences I could write a book. Camp, youth conference, my bedroom, my eternal friends...

I LOVE Young Women!

I only pray that I can be an instruments in His hands and touch the lives of our beautiful Young Women...

My friend Emily asked me last night (as she so nicely invited us over for dinner and the food was sooo yummy!) if I thought this was my BIG thing: I believe so.

There are a few words that can describe my state of mind: Excited, Humbled, Grateful and Amazed...

2 comments:

emily said...

you guys are going to be great, i'm excited for you! i've been a secretary a few times (RS and primary) and it's by far my favorite calling so far. I love it. Have fun!

Mary said...

I am so happy for you. Young womens is a great place to be.you will do good. who else is in the presidency with you? good luck