Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Surprising, but not in a bad way... The Palin pick.


I have to admit that I am a Mitt Romney fan. I know someone who worked for him, he is a good guy! I was rooting for Mitt in the presidential race and when he withdrew his candidacy, I was hoping he would be number 2... So I was sad and disappointed when the announcement came and Sarah Palin got the spot. My first thought was: "who is that?". That is until I learned more about her. Leave it to John McCain to throw a curve ball like this. It is not a secret that I am not the biggest fan of McCain, but Sarah Palin seems to softened the corners of my hesitations.

She is not perfect, but she is smart. She actually has run something. She is articulate and she seems to be there for the right reasons. In her speech last Friday she said something about how politicians are elected to do the people's business and that this is exactly what she requires of herself. Impressive. I mean someone in the government actually working on doing the things the people actually are demanding and not trying to fulfill their own self-interest. I am at a loss of words.

I like her!
She is not perfect but she is real...

2 comments:

emily said...

I like her too. My sister said she has 5 kids, one with down's syndrome! I haven't verified that for myself, but my sister doesn't usually lie. I think a woman who can run a household with 5 kids is well suited to the vice presidency!

Maude said...

Yep, 5 kids and the youngest has down syndrome. He was born in april. Her 17 yr old daughter is 5 months pregnant too, but I don't think that reflects on her management skills.