Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?

I am sleeping in bed.
The phone rings, waking me.
I push Joseph and tell him to hurry and get it.
Beeing 6 months pregnant, I know I won't be on my feet fast enough.
Joseph picks up the phone: "Hello!?"
Then he starts speaking french.
My heart starts beating a little faster.
Is something wrong with someone in my family?
The TV is turned on, then silence...
I turn around the corner to enter our living/kitchen/dining room in our little 1 bedroom apartment.
The pictures on the TV stop me in my tracks...

Joseph hands me the phone, its my Dad.
He wants to make sure we are ok even though we live almost 3000 miles away.
Tragedy in New York city, in Washington DC.

That is my 9/11 moment, that is where I was.
Joseph once asked me if I thought 9/11 for us was like the JFK assassination for our parents. I really think so. None of us will ever forget where we were when we witnessed first, the Horror, and then Heroes never to be forgotten...

TOday is PATRIOT DAY, a day to remember the goodness of America and how we can all come together.

Don't forget to thank a member of the military and pray for our troops everywhere!

Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day?

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I was in my apartment and got a call from my neighbor. I went to her apartment to watch the news unveil. Even though it seemed unreal it affected me in a lifelong way.