Sunday, November 2, 2008

Proud parents!

Matthew has been talking about bearing his testimony in church for 3 weeks.

Today was fast sunday and he did it! All by himself!

When he first started talking about it I was a little hesitant. I asked him what his testimony was, what he wanted to say.

Over the last 3 weeks we had many conversations in our home about what a testimony is.

I told Matthew that I would love for him to share his testimony with our ward but that I was NOT going to go up on the stand and tell him what to say.

Joseph had similar conversations with him also...

And Matthew bore his testimony. Simple and touching.

Being parents sometimes seems like it is an endless job. You always wonder if your kids are actually learning something...

Today was one of these moment where the hard work was rewarded by a 6 year old boy who knows what he believes...

2 comments:

Chris and Rosanne said...

Good Job Matthew!! We are so PROUD of YOU!!

Uncle Chris and
Aunt Rosanne

emily said...

He did really well, I was so impressed! He also set off a chain reaction of kids coming up WITHOUT parents. Awesome.