Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankfulness...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I have been thinking for a few weeks about all the things I am thankful for.

I used to feel entitled to some things when I was younger... I have come to realize as I get older that I am entitled to absolutely NOTHING!

I am either BLESSED or I work hard and reap results.

There are a lot of things to be grateful for!

First and foremost I am thankful for a loving Heavenly father who is wise and understanding. I may not get all that I ask for but I always get what I need.

Second, I am thankful for my Savior. I am thankful for his Infinite Sacrifice and for his willingness to suffer and Die for me so that I can find forgiveness and peace. I am grateful He loosed the bands of death so that I could live once more with my family.

Third, I am grateful for a wonderful Husband who loves me and shows me everyday. I am grateful for his willingness to make our marriage work, through the easy and the rough patches. I am grateful for his commitment to his heavenly father. I am thankful for his great sense of responsibility for his strong Moral values and for his Character. He his a wonderful man and I Love him very much!

Fourth, I am grateful for my 3 amazing boys, for all that they teach me. I am thankful for their laughs, humor and silliness! I am a better person because of them.

Fifth, I am thankful for the rest of my family; Maman, Papa, Mom, Dad, Eliane, Jeff and Sylvie, Ben, Charles, Nat, Chris and Rosanne, Samantha and Edgar, Patrick and Anna,... I am thankful for their love. I am thankful to be a part of their lives...

Sixth, I am thankful for wonderful friends. You are many! I love you and appreciate you! I am thankful for your presence, your laughs, your confidence and your listening ears!

Seventh, I am grateful for a wonderful ward family. I am grateful I finally feel at home in my home ward.

Eight, I am grateful for this country and the great people who live in it. I am grateful for freedom, for Men and Women who serve, died, and fight so that my family and I can enjoy freedom. I understand that freedom is never free; it always comes at a cost.

Ninth, I am thankful for Callings. I am thankful for the growth opportunities it provides, for the understanding and the blessings it brings.

Finally I am thankful for talents. For those gifts we are given. I am grateful that we can develop them to serve others and help ourselves.

There are many more things to be grateful for; the Gospel, living Prophets, the scriptures, work, cars, clothes,...

The list goes on...

So many things to ponder.

I wish you all a Happy thanksgiving!

May we remember to be grateful and thankful every single day for we are greatly blessed!

No comments: