Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Life happens...

I have been debating whether or not to blog about this for a couple of days now...

I came to the conclusion that if nothing else I can share my blessings and express my gratitude.

We had a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful time with the Beckman's over thanksgiving week. We got home late Saturday night so we could make it to church Sunday. Joseph was taking charge of the WHOLE primary so all the other adults could go to relief Society or Priesthood. I also wanted to be present for our combined YM/YW lesson given by our bishop.

Joseph went to work really early Monday morning. They sold a few more cars and he had to book the deals before he could do payroll...

Early in the afternoon, he called me and asked me if I had found any more job openings for him. I had been looking for a little while... I asked "WHY? Are they letting you go?" to which he responded "YES"...

I can't really describe my reaction beyond the fact that it was filled with tears and a bit of a panic. My first reaction after hanging up was to get on my knees and pray. I asked for comfort and peace and for strength through this trial.

Throughout the day I was on the verge of tears. Joseph came home and applied to every open accounting job known to men! We talked a bit and I finally convinced him to call our Bishop for a blessing. Our inspired Bishop already knew. He had told his wife earlier that afternoon that he needed to check on us because he felt Joseph's work was going to fall through...

After a wonderful blessing, I could feel Joseph was more at peace and I felt better.

I am sooo thankful for the Priesthood. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears, loves and watches over me and my family.

I have been reading the talks from our last general conference. All about "Joy in the journey", "The infinite power of Hope". Words of wisdom from our beloved and just recently passed away apostle Joseph B. Wirthlin about getting through rough times and accepting those trials as a Blessing and opportunity for growth.

I have felt peace and have felt joy in the many blessings I have been given. I see them everyday. I name them one by one. There is Power in gratitude.

I do not know what the future holds, I do not know how long this trial will go on. I pray it will be short. I pray we may learn all we need to quickly. I pray we may be blessed with work to provide for our family soon.

What I do know is that I am LOVED.
I know I am blessed.
I know my family will be blessed by this trial in our life.

There is stress and there is uncertainty, but amidst those feelings I see my Faith shining through. I know that my God will not withhold blessings from me and my family because we love and serve him. I know he will bless us. He loves us.

For this knowledge and certainty I will be eternally grateful.

I count my many blessing, I name them one by one.

I AM blessed.

5 comments:

emily said...

I'm so sorry you guys. You've been in our prayers for two days now. I emailed my brother yesterday after I saw you at the park, and he works for Symantec...there are accounting jobs open in CA, MA, and Singapore, if you're interesed...!

Jennie said...

Your lesson today was so great and appropriate ... I always find I get so much more out of teaching the lesson sometimes and you truly did... You have a positive attitude and have faith and a love for our savior. I know things will work out and you are in our prayers too! Love ya!

Trint and Misty said...

Maude. Thank you for sharing this. Trinton lost his job yesterday, and all day today I have been feeling really down, and anxious. You're words and thoughts really comforted me.

Thank you! And I'm really sorry that this had to happen, especially so close to Christmas. I will pray for your darling family.

Aimee said...

We fasted for you guys

Jenn said...

Maude! Please let me know if there is anything we can do for your family. I'm so sorry that this has happened, but I know everything will be just fine for you. You will be in our prayers.