Saturday, December 20, 2008

My pantry is like the widow woman's barrel...

As the Job hunting is active and frustrating,
the blessings are pouring on our family.

A couple of day ago,
our Relief society President showed up at our door
with some stuff for our family.
I was taken aback a little.
We ARE doing fine.
Not rolling on gold,
but things are working out and we are making it.
All I could say was:
THANK YOU.
After I finished putting everything away,
I looked at my pantry and it was absolutely full.
Tears welled up in my eyes.
Gratefulness.

I have to admit that it has been hard to accept things like that.
We much rather like being on the giving end...
But what we also realize is that we can't ignore the blessings
that are being bestowed upon us
and upon those giving Angel
at this point and time.

As I went to bed that night I kept thinking of the widow woman
who was faithful and fed Elijah
even when she had but a
"handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse..."
The lord promised her that
"The barrel of meal {should}not waste,
neither {should} the cruse of oil fail..."
and so it was.

We are so blessed!

The Lord is taking good care of us!
He is sending his Angels,
both from heaven and earth,
to bless our lives.

At a time where there could be despair,
we find
Hope, Love and Charity.
At a time where we could be blaming God
for such a trial in our life,
we find
more Faith and more Peace.

I am not sure how we will ever repay those blessings...

What I know is that we are blessed beyond what we could ever expect.

We are being watched over by a loving Heavenly Father,
He will bless us even more with a great job soon!

3 comments:

emily said...

This post made me cry! I am so impressed with you and your family, and your faith.

Liz K Harding said...

I love your blog, Maude! Our prayers are with youand if we hear of any accounting jobs we'll let you know!

Victoria said...

So, I loved Zach's cake. You did a great job. Hey, I want to do Cario again tomorrow, because we're doing weights with Dalyn on Wednesday. Is that ok? See you tomorrow! This morning was a lot of fun too. Thanks for being so valient.