Thursday, January 8, 2009

Single mom - for one more day...

Joseph left yesterday for Houston, Texas where he has a Job interview in 2 hours...
He is having a wonderful time at my cousin's house in very enviable weather! (It was 55F this morning when he got up...)

It is very strange indeed to be home alone for a full day after he has been around so much in the past month...
I slept horribly. My kids invading my bed do NOT compensate for my missing husband!

On the bright side, I also did something I do every time he goes away.
I started watching Pride and Prejudice (the BBC TV Series version).
It is long, very girly, so romantic and I LOVE IT!!!

What do you do when your other half goes away for a few days?

4 comments:

Trint and Misty said...

How funny....I totally watch pride and prejudice (but the new one) when Trinton is gone. It's the perfect time to get some chick flicks in.

I wish him luck on his job interview, but how sad your cute family has to move!

Dana said...

Reruns of Gilmore Girls. I have all 7 seasons on DVD. That keeps me busy for quite some time. My husband has seen them all too, but he hates to rewatch shows he's already seen. It's my guilty pleasure when he's not home. =)
Good luck with the job interview! I love Houston!

Nancy said...

I Stay up way to late watching some chick show just like you!!!
Come over if you get to bored!!

Liz K Harding said...

Hi Maude, I am so happy for you! Life is an exciting adventure, even if we have to remind ourselves that changes is good! When Wayne goes away for a few days, I sleep in late, stay up late, play on the computer, watch chic flics, and yes, i sleep horribly too. =) Good luck with your move and settling in.