Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some more questions about the stinking stimulus...

The more I read the more I can't believe what this thing contains!

The health care provision... Betsy McCaughey lays it out on bloomberg.com.

Here is part of the article she wrote:

"Senators should read these provisions and vote against them because they are dangerous to your health. (Page numbers refer to H.R. 1 EH, pdf version).
The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.
But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.” "

I watched part of President Obama's town hall meeting yesterday. He was saying that all they want to do is eliminate the paper files, make it all electronic. I was thinking to myself: my health care provider (in Utah) had a computer in the examination room. She never wrote anything down on a medical chart. All my kids medical information was available should I need it as I did when I got to Houston and realized Matthew was lacking a vaccine. I picked up the phone, called the doctor's office and asked whether my chart was right or whether he had in fact received the vaccine without it being written on my card... The lady accessed his file and let me know that he was in fact missing it. Boom, done. She did not have to go to the back room and search for the file...

The second thing that is concerning me is that the language of this bill clearly goes farther than an electronic medical file. The way I read it, it says that my Doctor will need to get some form of approval from the government concerning MY treatment. Why should my doctor consult the government concerning MY care? Did they all go to medical school in Washington?

Makes no sense to me!

The other thing is the census...

I am really wondering where all the promised "accountability" and "transparency" is!

Why move the Census from the extremely transparent non-biased Commerce Department to the oversight of a highly partisan, less transparent, less stringent care of the Chief of Staff; Rham Emanuel... Read all about it here.

Can I just say that the more I learn about it, the worst this bill becomes in my opinion...

Also, I am not the only one thinking this is BAD and will be damaging to us and our freedoms!Read about it here.

It is OUR job to find these things out and make our stand! Come on America!

In the spirit of celebrating Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday, here is some food for thought; Wisdom from the man himself...

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

1 comment:

emily said...

wowza. what in the world can we do? I've written to all the Utah senators/reps but every reply I get back says "We have to do something, this is our best option." Lame.