Friday, February 20, 2009

Where are those kids coming up with those things???

This morning after sitting at the computer to check the weather for the day (and reading my friend's unfortunate and funny adventure in Mexico), I walked into my sons bedroom to make sure they were getting dressed. I found Samuel (2 1/2) peeing in a cup!

I am not sure where he got that idea although thinking about it I think I can trace it back.

It all started at Zackary 5yr well-child check-up last December. They asked him to give a urine sample. He was pretty reluctant. I told him that I had done so myself MANY times when each of his siblings and himself had been in my tummy... He did and I thought we were done with the whole "pee in a cup" talk...

How wrong was I!

I had a doctor's appointment this week. The "pee in the cup" topic somehow resurfaced.

My kids do NOT forget anything...

Still How do you go from talking about Doctor required urine sample to your 2 1/2 yr old trying it in his bedroom under the watchful eye of his 2 big brothers? Of course it was all HIS idea!

I am quickly realizing that my language does not transpire into understanding with those kids!

A week or two ago, Zack asked how babies get in their Mommies tummies. Trying to find the right words I said: "Heavenly Father gave us instruments..." before I could go any further he exclaimed: "our bodies can make MUSIC!"...

What can I say?

I am at a total loss of words...

Fertile imaginations and probably a little mischievousness gives you exactly this!
Beware of all boy siblings!
They are trouble when they put their minds together!

3 comments:

Bryan and Hollee said...

Ok this is so so funny! I could die laughing over them!!!!

emily said...

Ohhh my gosh! I'm dying! Hilarious.

Aimee said...

If it makes you feel any better my children did the pee in a cup thing and my oldest is a girl.