Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Holy Place


Much has been said and circulated about an upcoming HBO "big Love" episode that will supposedly picture some of our LDS temple ceremonies.

I take a moment to express how I feel about the Temple.

Temples are a Holy Place. They are a refuge from the business and sorrow of everyday. They are a place of peace where all who enter can feel the spirit of God.

There was a point in my life when I attended the temple every Thursday. It kept me from being overwhelmed with being separated from my husband. It brought me closer to God. It gave me more purpose and more peace.

I love Temples. They are an important part of my life and of my personal worship.

I am grateful I am able to attend whenever I decide.

I am grateful I can enter the House of the Lord, feel his peace and his love among the quiet reverence that reside there.

Here is a little video explaining the purpose of temples.

3 comments:

emily said...

I feel the same way. I hadn't gone for the temple in over a year when we moved here, and now that Dave has Friday's off I try to go at least twice a month (we switch off every other Friday and go). It's amazing the peace that comes from that, even when we're not sure he'll have a job once the Utah legislative session is over...and we have no money...somehow, the worries go away. I'm so thankful for temples.

Marjorie said...

Merci pour ton message. Ça me rend toujours triste quand j'apprend qu'il y a des personnes qui rendent les choses que l'on fait dans le temple public.
Le temple est un endroit sacré et non secret. Tout le monde peux savoir ce qu'on y fait mais en temps et lieu.
Encore merci.

Chino Blanco said...

Tom Hanks puts this brouhaha into perspective (and waxes prophetic) at the 3rd season premiere of Big Love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7JgK_mmEBk

"There's gonna be lies, and secrets, and discoveries, and problems. Television!"