Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax day - and such.


So I can't say that I detest tax day because the truth is, we didn't make enough to pay... We got a nice chunk back a couple of months ago...

That being said, it doesn't mean I do not agree with the many tea party protests going on all around the Nation today.

I can't attend. Between picking up my son at school and cub scouts pack meeting, there is no time to make it work.

Had I been able to make today a free day, I would have put the kids in the car and driven the 2 1/2 hours to the Alamo... But if you read my previous post, you know I won't make my son miss a day of school right now... It might ruin our small progress.

Oh and just so you know, you might be a right wing extremist! Yes it is true! It seems that if you somehow value the constitution and State rights, you are a right wing extremist... Read all about it here and here

Yup, today the people can let their voices heard by means of peaceful protest... Let's get to work! (because we all know it's a mess!)

1 comment:

emily said...

We don't make enough either--in fact, we paid $74 in taxes last year (you should see Dave's W-2, I'm serious). But, we did have to pay $500 in state taxes. So I didn't file those until today because I wanted to hold onto my money as long as I could. Stupid April 15th.