Friday, May 29, 2009

The lessons Zack learned from Family home evening...


A couple of Mondays ago, we had a family home evening about free agency.

Free Agency is a gift from God to all of humanity that allows us to make our own choices.

I explained the principle of free agency to my children. I told them that we are all free to make our own choices, but we do not get to choose the consequences those choices whether good or bad.

Here is the dialogue the next day, when I told Zackary it was time to go get Matthew from school:


Me: "Zack, it's time to go get Matthew."

Zack: "I don't want to go get Matthew today..."

Me: "Well, you don't really have a choice, you can't stay home by yourself..."

Zack: "But Mom, you told us we always have a choice and we can make our own choices..."

Yeah; isn't it so nice to know you ARE getting through to your children!

1 comment:

emily said...

oh man, i'm dying! that is hilarious!!