Friday, June 5, 2009

Glenn Beck's Common Sense tour

Yesterday as we were getting dinner ready,
Joseph and I were talking about what we wanted to do for our date night tonight.
The Young Women in our ward are doing a fund raiser for camp and 2 of them will be babysitting our kids here at home at a price of $30 for 4 hours
(a little pricier than what we usually spend, but it's for a good cause!).

He suggested we go watch the Glenn Beck show in a theater
(because he knows I really like him).
I replied that the theater thing was only on that day with an encore next week,
that Glenn will be in Houston Live tonight,
but that the price of 2 tickets was definitely over our budget...
(I had already priced them out and for both of us it would have been $100.
After all, we are not the federal government,
we actually can't spend more than we have...).

So then he he told me I should go watch it.
After all the Playoffs were on and that's what he wanted to watch...

So I went.

It was FABULOUS!!!



Glenn was really hilarious!

The theater was almost full and I had a really good time!

The show was all about common sense.

It was thought provoking without being overwhelming or nagging.

One of my favorite lines;
Glenn reading from a Dog shampoo label:
"Caution: do not feed to fish"!?!
How stupid have we become?

So here is my humble review:

It was a lot of laughs, a lot of blunt truths, without all the mess of political correctness.

I think that's mostly why I like Glenn Beck; because he simply calls it the way he sees it.

{Honesty}
is
Truly refreshing!

He also is so very funny !

If you are lucky enough to be able to go see him live tonight in Houston,
ENJOY!
(I think there are still a few seats available!)

If not,
you can always catch the Encore in a theater near you on June 11th!
Click here to check it out!

Worth every penny!

No comments: