Thursday, June 25, 2009

So much on the plate...

Have you noticed how much there is on the plate of National and International news lately?

Just to name a few; there is Iran, North Korea, the health care debate, the economy, the Sanford scandal,...

I mean there is just so much it is hard to know where to concentrate.

One thing that is trying to make its way unnoticed is the Cap and trade bill.

The house is scheduled to vote on it tomorrow.

Why aren't we hearing more about it?

I am not an environmentalist best friend. I do not believe that Global warming is a settled science. Now do not get me wrong, I do believe in being a good steward of God's creations, but I also believe that God gave us intelligence to improve our lot on this earth. Going back to the dark ages in order to "save" the planet is not what I agree with.

I believe climate is what it is: a variation of temperatures. As sure as the temperature change from day to day, there are also seasons or patterns in the weather. There is NO fixed temperature and there is NO WAY we can predict what the temperature will be in 5, 10, 20 years from now. Have you noticed how often the daily weather predictions are accurate?

Cap and trade as I understand it is a tax. Pure and simple. It's a tax that is veiled into a "feel good" "we are saving the planet" blanket.

The cost to each of us will be staggering. And since government predictions are also so often accurate when it comes to cost, it will be a LOT more than is expected.

You can read more about it here, here, here and here.

Please tell congress we do not need,
nor want,
nor can afford
Cap and Trade!

No comments: