Monday, June 1, 2009

WoW Friends and a purple heart...

Joseph loves to play WoW (World of Warcraft).
It's an online game.
He plays mostly on Fridays and Saturdays nights,
and mostly when I am asleep.
It's his thing to unwind.

A few months ago, Joseph became friends with "Elcuban".

Elcuban is a military man.
I think he is Air Force because he flies planes.
About 2 months ago,
he told Joseph he wouldn't be on for a while,
because he was being deployed to Iraq for 3 or 4 months.

Then, last Friday, he was back on.
He told Joseph he was being awarded the purple heart...

I said: "Well that can't be good! Did he get hurt?"

But he was already offline...

Joseph found out Saturday that he was wounded in combat and took 3 bullets from AK-47s. He didn't expand much on the details, just said that it was pretty painful and that he is on pretty heavy pain meds right now. He will be retired unless he can get back in shape in the next couple of months...

I am not sure Elcuban will even ever read this, but I would just like to say;
we are grateful for your service and sacrifice!

We hope you get better quickly!

1 comment:

emily said...

Oh wow, I hope he gets better soon. so sad.

I played WOW in high school with my friend brian. loved it.