Thursday, July 2, 2009

Blog absence...

Yep, we've been busy and it's been crazy!


I had a doctor appointment last week and took my glucose screening test. It was "a little high" (whatever that is suppose to mean...) so I had the honor of going back to the doctor's office Monday morning and doing a 4 hour test.

First, they drew my blood to test my fasting blood sugar level (yep I couldn't eat for 12 hours before hand), then I had to drink the orange sugary glucose solution without throwing up (because if you do, you have to come back another day), and the waiting game began.

I had blood drawn 1 hour, 2 hours, and 3 hours later. Finally I could go home and eat! I was starved!

I am still awaiting the results and a {little} bit stressed about it...

I was in better shape going into this pregnancy than my previous two... But then I also have to admit that the work out schedule fell off to the wayside with the move, the morning sickness and the tiredness... But have no fear! This little test has scared me right off my couch and onto the exercise bike, ball and Yoga mat!

My mom was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years ago.
I told myself I was going to make sure that didn't happen to me.

You have my word, ladies and gentlemen, after this baby is born, this Mama will be back into her skinny pants and stay there!

1 comment:

the emily said...

I had to do that four-hour test with Noah, and everything was fine. I'm sure you're fine too!!