Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunday in Utah: our beloved 2nd ward!

We were so happy to attend our Sunday meetings in the 2nd ward.

It was just like coming home.

It was nice to see everyone!

All the smiles and the hugs, the how do you do!

The many questions as to whether we were back or just visiting.

The kids were glad to be back with their old friends and so was I.

I was fortunate enough to be there the Sunday right after camp and hear a few Young Women talk about their experience.

After Church,
we were expected at the Swanson's for dinner.
Joni and Bishop also invited the Reeds.
It was like old times (minus Joseph...)!





"Talking the Blues without Brother Joseph" exact quote...



It was really nice to catch up with them all.
And later on with just Joni and Rich.

It provided something I had not anticipated getting:

{ closure }

But not in an ending manner...

For the first time ever, when returning to a previous ward,
I didn't feel like it wasn't where I belonged anymore.

It felt like coming home...

But at the same time,

{ the tender mercies
of the lord }

(1 Nephi 1:20)

an understanding that it was okay,
that this is where I am at this point and time,
that this is where I need to be at this time,
that the story has not ended.

Somehow,
this is an Hiatus...

My heart and my soul need not be torn anymore.


Understanding,

Acceptance,

Peace...




1 comment:

the emily said...

Oh, so nice! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I know that feeling, of coming home but it's not where you belong anymore. I'm glad you got some closure.