Friday, September 11, 2009

Preggy news


That's me!
37 weeks and 4 days
with the ready to go for the hospital bag in the background...

Me to the doctor this morning:
" So how accurate is the weight estimate you gave me last week?"
(At my appointment last week,
I had an ultrasound that estimated the baby around 7 1/2 pounds...
That was 36 weeks and 4 days.)


The Doc:
"Pretty accurate.
Why?
Are you getting a little nervous?
(flipping through my chart and checking the weight estimate)
Yeah this baby already 8 pounds...
How do you feel about induction?

Me:
" Well obviously I would rather go on my own,
but give me another week and I will change my mind..."

The doc:
"The good news is that this is your 4th baby so it shouldn't be a problem..."

I am still a little concerned...
I have been walking two miles a day for the last week
in the hopes of getting things moving,
but obviously this baby has a mind of its own!

The good news is that I lost another 2 pounds (don't ask me how!),
that I am dilated to about a 2cm and 80% effaced.

So hopefully once things get moving it won't be long...

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

the emily said...

wow, that's great! have him strip your membranes next week. the two miles will put you into labor within a day, i can almost guarantee it.

Emilie Ahern said...

You look marvelous!
I have been induced both times and it went well, although I don't have anything else to compare it to!
I am waiting on pins and needles to find out the gender!!!
Praying for a safe and easy (fingers crossed) delivery!

Dana said...

It's coming so soon! Good luck!!!