Saturday, December 12, 2009

Grateful reflections

This post started forming itself in the weeks coming up to thanksgiving... Then I never posted it and continued to reflect on things I am grateful for, but mostly on what's changed since last year...

Thanksgiving 2008 was great. Life was awesome! We were so greatly blessed! Temporally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I felt blessed to be where I was, to have finally achieved the Balance I had been striving for for quite a while. And then, it all changed... Well not all, but the Temporal part was now nonexistent... But throughout it all we were blessed nonetheless. So many times along the way! (You can read about it here.)

It has been a rough year for me, but it has also been a great year.

I've shed lots of tears, felt sorry for myself, and I've missed "home"... But more importantly what I've been reminded of more than anything is that I am greatly blessed and greatly loved.

God has blessed me to see how blessed I am this year with a Husband who has carried me and lifted me up more times than I can count, who has made incredible efforts to make sure I was okay, who has gone out of his way to help more even after a long and tenuous day at work. I wasn't the best wife this year... He made up the difference without complaints.

I was blessed with boys. Loud, active and loving! Challenging; Yes. Would I change it: NEVER. I tire of the Jedi battles and the 1000's of times I have to explain that the couch is NOT a landing pad; but at the end of the day, when I check on my boys before going to bed and see their peaceful and sweet faces, I forget it all. I Love my boys! All 4 of them!

I was blessed to see the Hand of God in our lives. Everyday. As long as I pay attention.

So much has changed in the last year, but still, so much remains the same.

Life matters.

God, family and country are still the things I hold dear.

The secret to happiness is to be grateful even when things aren't perfect.
I've learned to appreciate today; realized I can't change yesterday and to try my best tomorrow.

So much has changed, yet so much remains the same...

1 comment:

the emily said...

I love your posts. You always put things in perspective for me--that life is good even when it's hard. Saw Joseph and Matthew today, it was fun to see them! Matthew even said the closing prayer in primary.