Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The busiest, craziest weekend of my life!

Yep! It was even more busy than the weekend we got married.

You could attribute this to the fact that we had 10 family members from out of town. Eight of which stayed at our house...

It all started the Second Saturday of January. My Dad came in and we had a few days to chat and visit before the craziness started. My in-laws came in the following Wednesday night, then it was my mom's and Joseph's Grandma and her Husband on Thursday. My sister-in-law came in Early Friday morning and that completed our confirmed guest list.

My Father-in-law was kind to bake loads of cookies for Matthew's baptism on Saturday. They were delicious, as always! My father in law makes some of the best cookies in the WORLD! And don't bother asking for a recipe... It is a well kept secret! I don't even have them! Although I finally figured out one of the secret ingredient... (and was immediately sworn to secrecy!)

Saturday we had Matthew's Baptism. More on this in a separate post...

Joseph and I took our relatives to dinner after a session of family pictures by Gilgen Photography. All the pictures turned out well and I will post some soon!

Sunday was Just as busy as Joseph blessed our youngest son Elijah. We had a nice lunch of Lasagna and Caesar Salad, rolls and roll-up cake afterward. Counting everyone, we had 24 people in our house for that lunch. Of course we made too much food! (my freezer is holding 1 leftover Lasagna and 5 containers of extra spaghetti sauce...) Big Thank you to my Mom for her help with the Lasagna!

Finally, Monday I took my mom back to the Airport in the morning. We all went to Pump-it-up after a most delicious Lunch treat at Los Cucos by Joseph's Grandma. Great Grandma and Leo left us that evening. My Dad and in-laws left early Tuesday which gave me and my Sis-in-law some time to catch up. We took her to the airport in the afternoon and were back to somewhat normal Tuesday night.

We had a Great time having everyone over and though we aren't ready to do this again anytime soon it was great! Thanks for all of your Help!

Wednesday was Clean-up day, then I got a "knock you out" cold on Thursday that is still somewhat lingering... Oh and did I mentioned I am now blogging from a new computer? The other one bit the dust Monday morning... Just wouldn't boot...

Now you know where I have been! And I am knocking on wood our life can settle a bit for now!

1 comment:

the emily said...

Sounds so CRAZY! And fun. I love weekends like that. And I love it even more when it's over. :)