Monday, March 1, 2010

Adventures in Parenting...

The Highs and Lows of parenting can sometimes be dizzying...

Last Wednesday afternoon after school.
My boys are playing in the backyard.
Zack is having a hard time with coughing.
He comes in, kneels down, says a prayer.
He gets up, tells me Heavenly Father is going to help him with his cough.
Goes back outside.
Resumes his game.
That night for the first time in a few days he doesn't cough in bed...

Thursday afternoon after school.
Zack is in time out multiple times.
For various reasons...
I open his school folder.
There is a note from his teacher.
"Did not make a good choice of words"...

As proud as I am of my 6 year old exercising his simple yet strong faith, I cannot reconcile the two events without shaking my head wildly...

I guess that is the reason why life AND learning is a process...

I LOVE him madly! (Because some days I think that is exactly where he is driving me!)
He is the perfect mix of opposites if ever there was one.
Sweet and gentle heart yet wild and the biggest tease...

2 comments:

the emily said...

so many ups and downs, it's nuts.

Aimee said...

That describes my six year old to a tee. Maybe it is a phase? cross your fingers
miss seeing you Maude