Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve...

Last Sunday afternoon,
as I was speaking to my Dad on the phone,
I was telling him how the Christmas hype was already running high
and how I was fearing the coming week...
Then I made the comment: " I don't remember being this bad!"
to which he responded:
" That is the key word: you don't remember... Though you weren't the worst..."

That got me thinking...
Have I ever told you about my Brother Ben?
Benjamin is 18 months older than me.
He was always the one to come up with the "evil" plans...
And somehow I always went along with them...
I mean look at him!

Handsome: Absolutely!
But you will agree with me that even at 30 you can see the mischief in his eyes...
So remembering Christmases past,
I remember the excitement and all of Benji's secret plans...

All this brings me to today
and to the smile Joseph gave me this morning
as he was leaving for his "half day" of work...

You know the kind of smile that says:
"Boy am I happy I'm going to work this morning!
Have fun with the kids Honey!"

As a kid I loved Christmas Eve!
The excitement, the magic,...

As a parent:
I can't wait for Christmas day to finally be here
so my kids can be normal again...

Merry Christmas Eve to all of you parents!
We'll make it to Christmas morning somehow!

1 comment:

the emily said...

Don't I know it. At least Dave doesn't have to work today! I can't believe Joseph does.

Plus, your brother is CUTE.

Merry Christmas!